So, there’s been a lot of new things and exciting developments here at Muffin Express. A bunch of us just finished up with E3 down in LA, we are underway on the new top-secret (read: we’re not really sure what the hell we’re making yet) game project and we’ve all decided to make a more concerted effort to generate some original, informative and fun content for our web-site.
Now, that being said, I’ve decided that I prefer the “fun” aspect of the trifecta previously listed. This space on our site will be about the glorious marriage of two of my favorite things, BEER and VIDEO GAMES. The concept was born out of a late night in Anaheim over our trip to E3 and a few of us were discussing adding new content to the site. I knew from the get-go that you weren’t going to be seeing code snippets or macro usage tutorials from me. So what was I going to contribute? I love to make games, don’t get me wrong, and I love a lot of the things that go along with that. But I love PLAYING GAMES and I love BEER enough to tell you about it.
So here it is. This is Joe Erskine playing a game (when there’s time) and telling you which beer to drink (there’s always time for beer) during said game. Simple. Fun. Delicious.
Here’s what you can expect, dear reader;
- I will not review a game for the purposes of convincing you to like or dislike it. If there’s a game I am playing, its because I wanted to. No one’s paying me to do it, in fact, based on some of the stuff you’ll most likely read here, they might prefer I didn’t play their games at all.
- I am not condoning alcohol abuse or the like. I believe beer, wine, and spirits should be enjoyed in moderation and appreciated as such. Never game and drive.
- I play console games predominantly and when I am enjoying an adult beverage it’s usually craft beer. I imagine this will not change, but board games and scotch could occasionally happen.
- I reserve the right to disavow all knowledge of anything I say. So don’t hold me to it.
- This is meant to be fun. Let’s face it, games and beer are supposed to be fun. Let’s make them more fun, together.
- Send me your recommended beer and game pairings. Feel free to comment, email me, and the like. Most importantly, go play our games. We make them for you.